Edmonton Folk Music Festival
Position Available for Ticket Office Coordinator
Reporting to the Administrator, the Ticket Office Coordinator will work alongside Festival staff and volunteers.
Projects include the following:
- Ticket Sales on-sale weekend. Availability on Saturday, June 3rd and Sunday, June 4th is mandatory. The Ticket Coordinator will help in the set-up, training, management, operation and completion of the Festival In-Person Sales Event on Sunday, June 4th.
- Festival week and weekend. Availability on Monday August 7th, as well as during the festival, August 10-13th, is mandatory.
Other ticket sales duties include:
- Balancing and accounting of stock and sales.
- Working with our online ticket sales provider.
- Supervising distribution of promotional and social service ticket allocations.
- Respond to telephone and email enquiries (patrons, sponsors, rentals, volunteers, etc.).
- Operation and management of On-Line “Swap Board” for ticket redistribution, management and review of our website’s “Ticket Information” section.
- Maintain and track sponsorship ticket arrangements.
- Assisting with management of festival weekend ticket sales (volunteers, ticket pick-up and returns, etc.).
- Organize, manage and work alongside box office volunteers, which includes training volunteers in Box Office procedures and expectations.
- Final report and summary of ticket sales at the end of the summer.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Festival Administrator based on availability and need.
Skills required include:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Cash handling experience, including POS
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in human resource management or experience working as a part of a team
- Practical knowledge of Macintosh operating systems
- Pleasant telephone manner
This is a Granted Position. To be considered, applicants must meet the following granting requirements:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of the employment;
- Was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year
- Intends to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- Is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program;
- Is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under theImmigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and,
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
*Foreign students are not eligible.
This is a full time (40 hours per week), 14-week position (start date: May 23, 2017) at $17.00 per hour. Some flexibility in hours will be required. Availability on June 3rd and 4th (for ticket sales) and the Festival week and weekend (August 7th, August 10-13th) are mandatory. Time off in lieu will be provided for any overtime. Evening and weekend availability may be required in the weeks leading up to the festival. Generally, working hours are 9:00-5:30, Monday to Friday.
Preference will be given to those candidates who have experience in Arts/Production management, strong administration skills, and/or experience working with volunteers. Familiarity with the Edmonton Folk Music Festival is considered an asset. Students at the start of their academic programs is also considered an asset, in the hope that they will return each summer as they pursue their degrees.
Please submit CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 27, 2017 at 5:00 pm.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.